The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Pen

Of course you could never understand why I would pay forty-five dollars for a pen.  Why is it I could never get that until this moment, sitting in a far away place, thinking of days gone by.

Nothing has ever flowed through your hand which was not part of number crunching or writing a proposal.  How could you possible understand the connection, the feeling of flow from head to hand through the pen and onto the paper.  Why would the feel of the instrument in your hand make any difference?

I am so sorry.  It was I who did not understand.

August 20, 2010, SMA, Mexico

4 comments:

The Sole Sisters Collective said...

You couldn't get it because you were not sitting in a far away place, tinking of days gone by...now you are.

How beautiful your writing is...did you really spend $45 for a pen? I would like to see tha pen.

Unknown said...

So true, Salma. Sometimes it takes a long time for the penny to drop. Yes, I did pay that much. It's not really an expensive pen in the over all scheme of things. If I had the money, I would no doubt buy a $1,000.00 waterman or parker! However, I do have some common sense left in this old head.

It's lovely you think my writing is 'beautiful'. That comment warmed my heart and I thank you for that. xx

The Sole Sisters Collective said...

Lady D, I always tell you how much your writing touches me. It's true.

Unknown said...

Muchos gracias. xx