skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Toller Cranston, dear friend, mentor, confidant, my inspiration, my encouragement, my oak tree. We had a strong spiritual connection which I shall miss terribly. Toller was laid to rest today, here in San Miguel, surrounded by close friends and family. Tons of flowers and a mariachi band - he would have loved that. The one thing missing was Santa Clara ice cream. Never to be forgotten, larger than life, he knew exactly who he was and lived every minute to the fullest. He loved life, and yet, as in all of us, there was a very private side to Toller. A protective shield. I adored the new 'blue green' pallet he was working with - he wanted a challenge, to try something new - something where he didn't use his beloved ‘red'. He wanted to 'shift gears'. The new series is incredible. It's hard to say goodbye. We shall see each other again one day, Toller -- have your paint brush ready! In the meantime, I will be hearing your voice as I paint. I will be listening to the music we listened to and I will see you walking into the studio with paint on your pants and arms, carrying a 'little something' for me from the Tuesday market. I will always see you showing off your new jacket's for me - twirling like a model while I laughed and told you (in my best English accent) how amazing you looked. It could not have been a more beautiful day to say good bye. Sun shining, birds singing, the sky that incredible San Miguel blue. Farewell for now. You have left a large legacy and will be missed by many. My heart is broken - however I know it will heal in time. How honoured I am to have had you as such an integral part of my life. .... and the journey continues ....
No comments:
Post a Comment