The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

* Fragments of a Woman

I have been downsizing over these past few years.  Serious downsizing. First, my parents estate, then my 63 years of collected paraphernalia. I've organized huge garage sales, carted truckloads to auctions, given away, got rid of, let go, left behind, and down right abandoned.  It's been cathartic. I feel lighter.  I feel ready to take huge leaps forward.  I'm coming unstuck, unglued. (There are those who think I have always been a little 'unstuck' and 'unglued'.)  It feels good.

I have always written.  I have never kept track of or organized my writing.  During the process of downsizing two of my own houses and a huge storage locker, I have happened upon my writings, my ramblings about life.  Some of it is silly, some sad, some angry.  Much of it seems to be on the darker side, however, that's historically when I spill my feelings out in pen and ink.  It's somewhere to put the grief, the sadness, the anger.  It's concrete.  When I see it there, on a piece of paper, in my own handwriting, somehow I can let it go.  It no longer roams the recesses of my mind, nor does it stay in the pit of my stomach and my solar plexus.

What follows in these posts are my writings from found scraps of paper, journals, notes from day timers, poetry and rhymes from a period in my life when I was in contact with a spiritual guide, and automatic writing which began and never finished.  The pieces are in no particular order, no particular time in my life. Having never been concerned with dating much,  I can only guess when they may have been written.  I will post them as they 'fall out of the pile' so to speak.  I believe these posts are more to chronicle my writings for me.  It's somewhere to keep them, somewhere to put them out of the way, but visible.  I hope some of you will enjoy them and relate to them.  I hope some of them will help you heal.  Piece by piece the writings are snippets, pieces, morsels, tidbits, blips, and one liners.  All my writings together form a collection of who I am.  I like to think of them as "Fragments of a Woman".

I'm so pleased you are joining me on this journey.  Please leave me your comments. Should you wish to leave me your email address, I will be more than happy to contact you.  blessings, Donna

No comments: