My children came to me today. Well, not my children really. I look at them as God's children loaned to me on a part time basis. They are my "step children", my spiritual family.
How gorgeous they are. Two little girls, six years, and eight years. Already so much has happened to them on their journey. They have come to me open - even though they are fragile and wounded. I come to them with openness, compassion, respect, fear and prayers that we will love each other.
So close are they. So close and yet so far away. The youngest child wears her heart on her sleeve - gregarious, every thought in her head pours forth without censor. She cries, she laughs with the same gusto. Gives life her all with nothing held back. Loving, dramatic, a dreamer, a creator, smart, artistic and scattered. It's all there, and she's only six.
The older child - more reserved, more guarded, very aware. She's the mother. She has taken on the responsibility to make sure, whatever that requires, the two of them are always OK, always .... no matter what! She is already feeling the weight of the world at this tender age. She's an old soul; wise, caring, loving and responsible beyond her years.
We sit together. My arms around them. I tell them I am there for them. I want to be a close friend. I will never attempt to take the place of their wonderful mom. I hope that we can make a 'different kind of a family'. I tell them it will be close, loving and fun. We will always be able to talk, anytime, about anything. I tell them talking is very very important.
They look at me with big wide beautiful blue eyes - questioning, wondering, and willing to give it their best shot. I feel so blessed and privileged. In my heart, I already know it's going to be OK.
To Come Forth Gradually into Being
8 years ago





2 comments:
Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.
I'm happy if it helped you understand.
Post a Comment