The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Monday, January 11, 2010

* Grateful for Bathrooms ....

It is a day to be grateful for a bathrooms.  Thank you, Divine Mother for bathrooms.  Thank you, Divine Mother for Starbucks in San Miguel de Allende, who have public bathrooms.  For longer than a few unconfortable moments, I suspected I might be an embarrasement to myself, to my country and to every other human being within visual distance.  Thank you Divine Mother for bathrooms!

It is nice to sit here, in Starbucks, in a comfortable chair for a time.  It is nice to listen to jazz.  It is nice to enjoy a cappuccino and enjoy taking deep breaths.

I have been holding my breath and praying for a bathroom for so many blocks.  I did not realize how good it feels to take a deep full breath of incredible air.  My jaw was tightly clamped together and grinding.  Thank you Divine Mother for oxygen and a relaxed jaw!

I have never before uttered a prayer of thanksgiving while sitting on  toilet.  Today, I did.  Thank you Divine Mother for bathrooms!  Thank you for getting me there on time!

I'm in a buiding on the square which surrounds the main Jardin.  The walls are well over a meter thick.  The arched windows are set so far back into the walls, a small window washer could easily loose their way while attempting to locate the glass.

I wonder what this building originally was?  I wonder who built it?  When?  This town began as a stop on the silver route about 1550.  Now, as a Unesco historical site, businesses must be very disreet not to distroy the ambiance or historical view and authenticity of the architecture.  Starbucks' sign is barely visable.  Even inside, it is much less commercial appearing than the rest of North America.

Allow me to utter this gratefulness from my lips once again. Thank you Divine Mother for bathrooms.  Thank you for allowing me to reach a bathroom on time.  Thank you Divine Mother for Starbucks who has public bathrooms in San Miguel de Allende.  I am forever grateful!  You have saved my dignity.  I give thanks.

San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, January 11, 2010

2 comments:

* said...

I was ever so grateful when I was pregnant for washrooms everywhere. I think I had all washrooms mapped out on all my journeys.

Unknown said...

Wow ISW. I've never really thought much about washrooms before .... so it came as a little surprise I was so grateful!!!!