The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Friday, January 15, 2010

* No friends you say?

No friends you say?  From milky ways they come.  Friends of mine.  Alive amongst the stars and in the rivers deep and cold. Forging passage through thick and mossy covered paths of forest green.  Beyond my view they wait and watch. I have no doubt they escort me.  When darkness falls they ride the navy skies on Spanish steeds of dappled gray.  Fast moving, like shooting stars they soar, taking leave of their creator.  White water proves no match for them. They ride the current, strong, with nerves of steel. With laughter and excitement and anticipation they face the twists and turns and undertows.  Shadowed paths of moss and ferns and tallest trees seem quiet.  Yet softly there they step, invisible and unheard.  By my side they travel on my walk through life.  Over byways smooth as silk and craggy trails of dark and rocky cliffs they steady me and hold me near. Silent and unseen.  Into my heart their love is sewn. Deep in my palm their caring is ingrained.  Their wisdom woven through my hair with silver threads.  My load is lightened when I tire.  I am lifted up when I cannot walk.  I’m led to updrafts when I need to fly.  To smooth and quiet currents when I must rest or glide.  At my birth, they accompanied me.  Forever in my soul.  For eternity.  No friends you say?  Look deep inside.

No comments: