The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Only Child

I put my head on the goose down pillow and snuggled under my 600 thread count cotton bed sheets.  I realized the cold, bare, stark facts.  I was alone.  Really alone!  No one was coming to assist or help.  There would be no more warm hugs, smiling eyes, tender touches, words of encouragement or the 'faith' in you which only family can have.  At the age of fifty nine, I realized for the very first time - I really was an only child.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Not really . . . you are a young 59 and have numerous friends who think of you as family. Thus, you're no longer an only child.

Interesting how we view ourselves. I've always considered myself as "the poor middle child."

And, I too am not poor. I just need to look around me and know how rich I really am.


hugs,
C

Unknown said...

I think I got the messages sorted out. Your message was in moderated comments. I think my e-mail is OK now. It shouldn't bounce back. Let me know.

Thanks for popping by. So nice ... so very nice.