The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

* The Pansy and The Kiss

Found in an old journal.  Dated November 29, 2001

In my youth
I gave them away -
never looking
never feeling
never thinking.
An abundant
commodity
in my gardens
and on my lips.
A fleeting moment
gone
to be forgotten
in the annals
of time.

Now in my 'wiser years'
I nurture my
wondrous pansies.
I feed them,
water them,
and impose
long conversations upon them.
I give them away
with great aplom
seeing them for the beauties they are
knowing them like friends
to dear to part with.

My kisses
on the other hand
are still freely given
They are dispensed with feeling,
thought about
over and over,
and are
held dear in
my heart.
A small fleeting treasure of
love
to help fill
my emptiness.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Beautiful, Donna.