The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

* The Truth About Presents (A little tongue in cheek, but mostly the truth)

Some people have trouble accepting them.  Some people say things like, "Oh you shouldn't have.", "I can't accept that.",  "Now what am I going to do for you.", "Oh no!  Is this for little old me?  Oh, no,  ... please."  Some people are embarrassed and say things like, "Where's yours?", "What about you?", "But ... I didn't get you anything."  Some people get downright rude saying things like, "No, you keep it, I don't deserve this ... I couldn't possibly accept it."

Well, I say to you, "What a bunch of poppycock!"  I say to you, "Bring it on.",  "Where's mine?", "Did you only bring the one?", and/or "Thank you so much.  Don't forget it's my birthday in two weeks."

I say, "Yeah! You brought me a present."  "I'm excited.",  "I cant wait to open it.",  "How good is this - such a great surprise!", "Please, do it more often."

I say, "You make my heart sing!", "Thanks for thinking of me, I'm worth it."  It makes me want to stand up and shout --- "Somebody thought about ME today!  I got a present!  I am blessed .. look at this, it's wrapped!."

It  makes me feel important, loved, wanted, cared for, and remembered.

SO .. for all the naysayers, for all the insecure, no self esteem, afraid, tortured, misinformed human beings who got the message when they were children, "I don't deserve presents." ... I say --- send it over here.  I'll take it off your hands.  "I adore presents -- do you have more than one you don't want.  Perhaps you have a sister who doesn't like presents either."

Presents are to be enjoyed.  They are to be fondled.  They are to be looked at, picked up and played with, touched over and over before they get old.  Presents have the ability to make you smile, laugh, or sometimes even cry a happy cry.  First, you have to accept the darn thing and say thank you from the bottom of your heart.  Feel it, put it out there, say it, show it -- BE HAPPY for goodness sake.  Never accept a gift with a worried look on your face.  You may never receive another.

That's the real truth about presents.  They are true gifts from the heart, they are given and born of love, they are little blessings in formal attire, they are beautiful thoughts in a box.  SO, if, after reading this, you are still having issues --- hey -- I'm over here!  See me?  I love presents.  And, that's the truth!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ahh...."you make my heart sing."

Love,
C

Unknown said...

Thank you, Carolyn. xx

SooZeQue said...

Ah Yes, we all love those unexpected gifts. It nice to feel special now and again especially when it's not an occasion. I'm with you Bring it On!