The Crown fits so I wear it.

My other blog is here.

Monday, December 28, 2009

* Until I was alone ...

Dec. 15, 2008

Until I was alone I never knew
how much I loved cooking a
meal for someone.

Until I was alone I never knew
how much I loved sharing
food and a glass of wine with someone.

Until I was alone I never knew
how much I loved
being touched,
having my hand safe
inside another,
having my back scrubbed in the tub
after a hard days work.

Until I was alone I never knew
how much I loved someone
sitting next to me on the airplane,
or picking me up at the airport
after a long flight,
dragging my luggage off the
roundabout and protecting me
from the crowds.

Until I was alone I never knew
how much I loved someone saying
"I'll get it" when the phone rang,
"Let's not get it" when someone knocked at the door,
or "Everything's going to be OK",
and in that moment
I knew I was safe.

Until I was alone I never knew
how much I loved hearing
I love you,
how much I loved being called
My sweetheart
and how much I miss
speaking the word darling.

Until I was alone I never knew
how much I loved
talking
with no inhibitions,
laughing
with no inhibitions
crying
with no inhibitions.

Until I was alone I never knew
how much love there was
inside of me which I don't know
what to do with ..
Until I was alone.

No comments: